What's cookin: At site edition
As we've already discussed, Namibians love their meat. I don't love meat as much. Sure, I like meat, and wish to eat as many different kinds as I can get my face into, but I don't want it everyday. At training we ate meat every day, morning, noon and night. Meat with pasta. Uhg.
So, as you can imagine, we were pretty pumped about getting to site and eating veggies for awhile. Therefore Jenn can be forgiven when she got a little carried away chopping green peppers, onions, cabbage and carrots for vegetable curry on Friday night. Needless to say, we've got quite a bit of left over curried vegetables. As good Peace Corps volunteers we won't be letting it goto waste.
The menu thus far:
Friday: Vegetable curry with brown rice
Saturday: Roasted tomatoes stuffed with vegetable curry and served with cabbage salad
Sunday: David is coming over for margaritas and fresh pita bread with vegetable curry and homemade tiziki
And yes, its already been discussed how unfair it is that both Jenn and I are somewhat competent in the kitchen, whereas other roommate pairs are made of two people rather inept at food preparation. Enjoy those peanut butter sandwiches guys!
So, as you can imagine, we were pretty pumped about getting to site and eating veggies for awhile. Therefore Jenn can be forgiven when she got a little carried away chopping green peppers, onions, cabbage and carrots for vegetable curry on Friday night. Needless to say, we've got quite a bit of left over curried vegetables. As good Peace Corps volunteers we won't be letting it goto waste.
The menu thus far:
Friday: Vegetable curry with brown rice
Saturday: Roasted tomatoes stuffed with vegetable curry and served with cabbage salad
Sunday: David is coming over for margaritas and fresh pita bread with vegetable curry and homemade tiziki
And yes, its already been discussed how unfair it is that both Jenn and I are somewhat competent in the kitchen, whereas other roommate pairs are made of two people rather inept at food preparation. Enjoy those peanut butter sandwiches guys!
posted by Rashid @ 5:07 AM,
1 Comments:
At 11:45 AM,
wishbone said...