Monday, April 14, 2008

Keetmans Beerfest: Beer #1 - Castle Milk Stout

Jenn and I have returned from Windhoek bearing gifts. Gifts for ourselves. We took a gapped mouth stroll through the Windhoek Super Spar's liquor department on Saturday. I'm not sure what exactly happened after we found the beer case, but we found ourselves outside, 6 beers heavier and $N60 lighter.

Our bounty, most of which made it back to Keetmans includes the following:
Guinness Draught 440ml (2 cans)
Kilkenny 440ml (1 can)
Carlsberg 340ml (1 bottle)
Amstel (actual Amstel, not Amstel Light) 340ml (1 bottle)
Castle Milk Stout 340ml (1 bottle)

The Castle Milk Stout did not make it back to Keetmans, as we drank it before dinner on Saturday night. It was perhaps the beer we expected the least out of as its brewed by the same chaps that make Castle Lager, one of our least favorites amongst the rather narrow selection of beers available in Keetmans.

It pours thick with a dark brown head and even though it wasn't ice cold it was exceptionally smooth going down. It was the first really dark beer we've had since we got to Namibia, and both Jenn and I were seriously impressed. Over the next few days I'll try to give you a run down, with pictures, of our remaining 4 brews. Sorry, no picture of the Milk Stout right now, I don't bring my camera to Windhoek.

However, I plan to lobby the SPAR manager here to start stocking it. It was that good.

posted by Rashid @ 10:45 AM,


1 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger damama said...

So glad you have your priorities in order!