Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentines Camping

Jenn and I went camping outside of Keets for Valentines day. We're right at the start of rainy season,hence why its really brown. We'd been sure it was going to rain all day, and in fact it did start: as soon as we left the house.

No matter, it only lasted about 10 minutes into the 2 hour walk to our campsite. However since we were pretty sure of a massive thunderstorm that night we decided to camp at another spot, instead of our normal on-top-of-a-huge-hill location.

Jump forward to about 11pm: No thunderstorm. Moonrise. The most incredible moon I've ever seen. It started as a small orange speck on a hill in the distance. I was sure it was a fire, but it grew quickly into a bright orange wedge as it wasn't a full moon. Soon enough it was this massive orange semi circle ascending into the sky. The whole experience was probably 30 minutes and just spectacular. I would have taken a picture but there just no way my camera could have captured the moment correctly.

posted by Rashid Khan @ 12:21 PM,


0 Comments: