Monday, May 18, 2009

HIV Implementers Conference Update

So I've been invited to give a second presentation at the HIV Implementers conference.

Except the topic is "Practical Approaches to Monitoring in the Community"

Yes, our project has a practical approach to monitoring. Everything goes through a computer, its downright hard NOT to monitor it. However since the project will operate on a national scale and pushes anonymity as a benefit, community based monitoring is not useful, practical or desirable. As much as I'd like the ego boost of giving two talks, I'm going to decline this particular invitation. It also looks like I won't be attending the entire conference. I'll attend two day, give my presentation, eat lunch and take off. Two reasons for this:

a) Southern Girls Conference overlaps with the last day of the conference.
b) Peace Corps asked how much of the conference I was planning to attend, implying they don't want me to attend the entire thing.

posted by Rashid Khan @ 2:44 AM,


0 Comments: