Peace Corps without a degree
Ask any random American and they'll probably say "No" - which is 95% true. Around 95% of volunteers have undergraduate degrees, however having a 4 year, or even 2 year degree is definitely not require. There are really only 2 hard and fast requirements for PC service: Be American and be 18. That said, if you don't have a degree you need to have work experience, a good bit of it.
I'll only speak to what I know: Peace Corps IT positions require 5 years in the field if you don't have a degree, 3 years if you have a 2 year degree in a computer related area of study. That's it. If you've been in IT for 5 years professionally, you can join the Peace Corps without a college degree. You may not get many choices for posts or timeframes, I've heard the IT spots go fast.
I can imagine with all the lay offs going around that there's more than a few qualified IT professionals out there looking for a way to ride out the storm. Consider Peace Corps.
posted by Rashid Khan @ 2:00 AM,
0 Comments: