Sunday, December 13, 2009

Last day in Keetmans

Today is our last day in Keetmans. Mixed emotions about leaving. I loved the pace of life here, but I'm excited about traveling. I loved the friends I made, but living and working at the youth center was, well, not optimal. Peace Corps service was amazing. Peace Corps as an organization needs work, however it needs much less work than any of the other volunteer organizations I've come across in Namibia. Peace Corps gives you the training and the freedom to accomplish the things you want to, I wouldn't hesitate to do it all over again.

Anyway, because its our last day, Jenn and I got up early to take pictures. None of these were taken more than a 2 minute walk from our house.

Unused part of the school next door.

The container store. Sugar, yeast, sometimes bread.

Your standard 'Shebeen' or informal bar. Sells cups of grainy homebrew beer for about 7c US

Really awesome plant in someones yard. Native to the region

Vicious thorn trees

posted by Rashid Khan @ 12:22 AM,


0 Comments: