Fantastic T-Shirts of Africa
You'll often see shirts for familar businesses, restaurants (sometimes from your area) or politicians. For example:
-The JJ's Gym (Phoenix, AZ) shirt I just spotted at the bus stop.
- The Mimi's Cafe shirt worn by the Zobue-Blantyre minibus driver in Malawi
-The Mall of America shirt of the guy on the ferry
You see lots and lots of Obama shirts in Africa, that almost goes without saying these days. You don't often see McCain/Palin shirts like the girl selling samoosas was sporting.
While Obama shirts are old news, Obama products, all with his face on them, continue to be a never ending source of amusement. Standouts include Obama brand scented soap (does it smell like him?) and Obama endorsed chewing gum. I nearly traded the shirt off my back to a guy wearing one advertising Obama Orange Flavored Drink and bearing the president's smiling likeness, before deciding that I'd likely get back to America and get accussed of being a racist and then beat up before I could explain.
posted by Rashid Khan @ 5:42 AM,
0 Comments: